Materials for teaching NMR
From NMR Wiki
NMR Basics This is a 17-page illustrated pdf manual describing basic NMR principles, safety, sample preparation, etc. It strives to provide the background necessary for any synthetic chemist to know enough about what they are doing so that they get good data, but not so much "theory" that they feel distracted from their goal of making molecules. Prepared by Dr. Josh Kurutz, Northwestern University.
These links are approximately sorted in the order "basic to more advanced".
- Basic introduction to NMR concepts by Prof. William Reusch at Michigan State University
- Basic NMR lectures for organic chemists by Dr. Henry Rzepa
- Video Lectures on NMR by Prof.S. ARAVAMUDHAN
- NMR Lecture Course developed by Prof. Angel C. de Dios at Georgetown University
- The Basics of NMR (online book by Prof. Joseph P. Hornak)
- F. Holger Foersterlings course Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy: Theory and Practice at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Undergraduate NMR course and an accompanying publication by Prof. Mark Conradi of Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri. This course uses a custom-built FT NMR spectrometer as a teaching aid.
- NMR Class by Prof. Edison, University of Florida (twelve powerpoint presentations)
- Understanding NMR Spectroscopy taught by Prof. James Keeler while visiting University of California, Irvine
- Lectures on Spin Dynamics taught by Dr. Ilya Kuprov, Oxford University.
- NMR Spectrscopy: Principles and Applications by Nagarajan Murali
Process NMR Spectroscopy
These are created by Process NMR Associates:
- NMR Overview - with a leaning towards process NMR analysis
- Introduction to Process NMR
- Application of process NMR for diesel manufacturing operations
Protein structure from sparse NMR data
- Humans, aliens, and eHarmony or why there is no such thing as a free lunch in protein structure determination from sparse experimental data
Introductory practical courses
- Introductory NMR Course (four parts: part 1|part 2|part 3|part 4|supplement homework) by Prof. Weiguo Hu, University of Massachusets
- 75 interactive problems on structure elucidation of small molecules by NMR, University of California, Los Angeles.
- A series of problems contributed by Dr. Alan Kenwright of Durham University, UK
- Combined organic spectroscopy problems using simple 1D NMR, focussing on the effects of chirality and diastereotopic protons (MS Word)
- Simple COSY problems
- A series of 6 organic chemistry based 2-Dimensional NMR problems (COSY, NOESY, HSQC, HMBC) (Powerpoint)
NMR webcourse created by Dr. Françoise Sauriol at Queens University, Canada. This course introduces a variety of pulse sequence tools, 1D-3D homonuclear and heteronuclear pulse sequences.
NMR Tutorial at Ryder University by Drs. Anita Brandolini and Alexander Grushow. This tutorial is geared towards acquisition of data with Bruker ICON-NMR and processing spectra with NUTS software.
NMR Tutorial at Widener University maintained by Scott Van Bramer. The tutorial heavily uses Mathcad software, contains annotated interactive NMR spectra of several organic molecules.
Learning about Solid-state NMR at Durham University. Introduction to solid state NMR, application notes, materials for practical user training.
NMR Tutor by Charles Abrams. Animations of pulse sequences, etc. (requires Shockwave plug-in)